Saturday, 10 September 2016

exhibition experience


During this week I had visited four exhibitions, which were the V and A, The Photographers Gallery, the British Library and The museum of London to help develop my idea of Utopia and for research which will go towards my Utopian outcome. The first place I went to was the V and A which was nice to explore around and analyse the different artefacts. I didn’t have a full understanding of Utopia and so I knew that by exploring the exhibitions, it’d create ideas for me to start of with. While I was there I came up with ideas about Religion and Culture as I looked at and took photos of Buddha artefacts. This gave me the idea of a society living in a world where there is only one or no religion, which may lead to peace. I also visited the exhibition within the museum called ‘ engineering the World: Ove Arup and the Philosophy of Total Design. This helped a lot as it showed Oves’ view of his own Utopia with the buildings and architecture which allowed me to start getting a better understanding of Utopia as it was something very personal to you.I later visited the serpentine pavilion and took some photos and also did some drawings of the architecture. By doing some drawings of the architecture I came up with an idea of Utopia where we lived in a structured balanced society where everyone is equal. I later visited other exhibitions  which helped me with the theme of Utopia.

No comments:

Post a Comment