Saturday, 17 September 2016

13th September Tuesday (3DD)

During this day, we had the task to create 3D sculptures that had to hold 3 balls and the balls had to be removable, not touch the ground and not touch each other. It was much easier said than done but first we sketched out ideas and had to do some quick drawing tasks to help us come up with interesting ideas. After we began creating our structure using spaghettis and a glue gun to stick it together. However we first used blue tac to get the rough idea of how structure would look like which helped but it was extremely frustrating as I kept breaking the spaghetti whenever i tried to connect the pieces together which make me realise how challenging this task was going to be from the beginning. 

Next I began constructing my structure together by using multiple spaghettis for easier support and gluing them together with the glue gun. I found this very easy and extremely helpful. Also some people complained that the hot glue melted their spaghetti but I didn't have this issue as i wasn't spamming the spaghettis with hot glue. i was liking how my structure was coming together however i ended up on an error due to my laziness as when I tested it to see if the balls will stay in place, one of the balls kept touching another as the space was compact so I needed to find a solution to my problem. luckily since I'm such a genius I decided to add an extra support to the outer area which allowed me to be able to place all the balls without them touching each other.


Afterwords, we all placed our structures on the table and spoke about the ones we liked. Seeing all the other structures made me realise how boring mine was as it was very small and was simple to make so to improve upon this I would have made my structure taller and more creative by making it look more bizarre.
Our final task was to add support to our structure as it was going to be demolished( with a basketball being smashed upon our structures) and we needed to find a way to prevent that from happening to our structure so I came up with this support as since mine was short, the higher my support, the tougher it'll be to damage my structure as the acceleration would decrease on impact and may not even reach my structure. Luckily during the actual test it survived more or less due to my amazing idea. 
Overall, i enjoyed the task as it was very engaging and fun to do, however i didn't like how we had to use spaghettis as it was very weak but I managed somehow. I also didn't like the glue guns as I got burned a couple of times.

No comments:

Post a Comment