We first started with making our designs. I had to get a mannequin and work on it from there on using needles to hold it in place. We had the option to make it wearable or not and I chose to leave it as I preferred to just make my design. I started with the shoulders and made a round loop with the paper by cutting the paper into strips and gluing the ends together then pinning them together with the pins which worked better than expected with was great.
I continued and worked on the front. I added layers of strips with the ends glued down together and made a design for the front area. I liked how it was coming together however I felt as though the design was quite lacking still but i continued as I needed to finish it before adding in extra features if needed.I then moved onto the back and decided to add a more geometric design to it by folding a strip of paper in a specific way to give off that look which I loved as I often use to fold strips of paper into patterns and uses that skill to my advantage ( not a hard skill but still nice)
However even then I still found my design lacking something so i ended up adding more geometric patterns to my design and changing it up a bit. So for the front area i folded the ends and the bottom area into a zig zag pattern while adding in a geometric pattern to the front (which looks like a fish but still nice) I also added another pattern to the neck area and I really loved the end result with this as it really helped my design looking more eye catching and creative. For improvements I would add even more and exaggerate my design to make it more interesting. However overall I liked how it came out, the only thing i didn't like was the lack of colour as it was all with white paper so i would have also uses coloured paper if I did it again.

No comments:
Post a Comment