Saturday, 8 October 2016

3rd October Monday ( Graphic Design)

During my final week for foundation rotation, I learnt about Graphic Design. On our first day we focused on typography which I wasn't really fond of. I had a friend complain to me about how all they are doing in graphic design is typography (they go UAL)  so it got me worrying about whether Graphic Design was mainly focused towards that root which would have put me off Graphics.
 For our first task,Working in our table groups we had to research two Graphic Designers and write down facts about them and how they link with Graphic Design. We looked at Saul Bass and Marian Bantjes. I remember Saul Bass as I researched him in College.


After we were giving the task of coming up with different typographies related to our slogan (ours was "out with the new, in with the old" relating to Brexit) I found this task quite enjoyable as I've never really done much typography so to try and come up with different creative ideas was worth the challenge


We then moved on to creating our slogan at a large scale. It was quite challenging and long to do with all the cutting out and painting but we did it. We used someones idea for this slogan where it was made to look like the European union symbol on the flag which was very clever to do. I liked how it came out overall, it's simple yet effective which is what I like about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment